Losing naps...and a bit of sanity
9:00 Mommy, will you read me a story?
9:15 Mommy, I need a swallow of water.
9:30 Mommy, will you rub my back?
9:45 Mommy, Pony's scared. Will you kiss her?
10:00 Mommy, I need to go potty.
10:15 Mommy, I scared.
10:30 (Just giggling)
10:45 Mommy, I left Pony in the bathroom.
11:00 11:00!

Can you believe it is almost 11 and my THREE year old is still up? There...see? She's calling me again. Persistent. I give her credit for that, whether it be in peeling potatoes or dragging out bedtime. At least she stays in bed, but this is a relatively new thing with her. I went through it with all of my children, but I am tired. I want to go to bed. I don't particularly want to go to bed while any of the younger ones are still awake.

But somewhere around last week...maybe the week before...a little three year old decided she was too old for nap. Oh, she'll lay there. She is a pretty obedient little one by nature. But she won't sleep. Sometime around dinner is when her little body decides it is time for a nap. And we try to keep her awake, but sometimes it just doesn't work and we find her curled up under a table...or, like today, she falls asleep in the car on the way in to town. It is just a short nap, but it is enough to keep her going until 11PM at least.

I'd get her up earlier, but she is the first one to wake in the morning. My curly headed sunshine is up with sun, bounding with her effervescence.

She just called in to tell me it is almost morning time. Unfortunately, she is actually right. Hopefully, midnight will find us all asleep. Even said three year old.