Calgon, Take Me Away!
Last week for Blogger Friend School (I'm beginning to notice a pattern here), I was supposed to tell you about my relaxing time. A sort of "Calgon, take me away..." place. Except the slogan of a certain restaurant where I worked for almost ten years was mentioned. For almost ten years, I sang, "I' gotta get out of this place...if it's the last thing I ever do..." and I'm not going back there now. Even for my Blogger Friend School classmates. So, my slightly adjusted lesson:



To a quiet place
To a soft place
With a gentle breeze and a baby's coo.

To a darkened room
To an antique book
With a faint smell of must on its pages.

To a cricket's chirp
To a pencil scratching
With no deadline looming overhead.

To fresh baked scones
To a cup of tea
With Kluntje and a touch of cream.

To a distant beach
To my own backyard
With children playing in the leaves.

To any place where I remember it is He who gives me rest.

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

And if you crochet, please consider joining me for Crochet for Life to help make some baby blankets for the Crisis Pregnancy Center!