On a more personal note...
It is official. My husband was forced to Denver and we just saw him off. He should be seeing his first glimpse of the Rockies in a few hours. It has been looming over us for a couple of weeks, now. Denver is so very far from Lincoln. Eight hours. And his train does not come this far East, so we are on our own.On our own.

I know scripture says I should not worry.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34
Yet I worry. The fretting over the last two weeks or so has done nothing to change the situation. Strangely enough, the phone call actually gave me a sense of relief. I no longer have to worry. Now, I can begin planning. I suppose the worry was my own way of attempting to keep control, anyway.

I still have plenty I could worry about. How long will this be? He only has the hotel room for 60 days. Will be able to find (and afford) an apartment in Denver? At what point to we decide to sell our house and follow him out there? What if the house does not sell? It sat on the market for six months before, with only two showings. What if it sells, we find a house out there, love it and he gets forced back here?

For the next three years, Lincoln is his home base and he can be recalled anytime.

All that has not quite hit home, yet. Right now, I am thinking about taking over his responsibilities in the home. And getting the car serviced so that we can drive out for our first visit next week.

Our first visit. My children will only get to visit their father and we do not know how long this will last. After all, he could get bumped back before he even gets to Denver. Not knowing makes preparation difficult.

In the meantime, what is there to do in Denver that a homeschooling family just shouldn't miss?

And now you see why I have a love-hate relationship with the railroad. The downsides are obvious. But it is still the reason I am able to stay home with the children. I have enumerated several blessings, both generic and specific to this situation. I even get twinges of excitement over the opening of possibilities in a direction we have never considered.

But then we are back to not knowing.