Homeschool Encouragement
If you haven't already read this, take some time to look at this list of What Non-Homeschoolers May Not Know. If your house isn't always perfectly immaculate and time seems at a premium, you may feel encouraged by the recognition of just how much you are doing. When I first took a look at the writer's guidelines for various homeschooling magazines, I recognized a trend in articles the magazines were looking for. "Getting it all done" seemed a common theme for desired articles.

If I ever discover the magic formula, I'll let y'all know. In the meantime, it is time for me to go to bed. How much of a mess do you think we'll make tomorrow as we model earthquakes with shoe boxes and bird seed? And how noisy do you think the children will get as we jump up and down, trying to register our own earthquake on our homemade seismograph? Ooh. I have a lot of laundry to do. We can set up our seismograph on the washing machine. Maybe even hope for an unbalanced load to send it wobbling about.

So, I claim number 2 on the list as number one for anyone who EVER walks into my house unannounced. Maybe I'll post it above my door.
2. 1. Unlike homes in which the children are gone for eight straight hours, her home is in a constant state of activity. The children are not only home, they are home making messes. All day long. Their mother doesn't even have the opportunity to go into their rooms while they are at school and weed out the junk. And if she is like me, you might find odd homeschooly things lying around--like the month we had a dead turtle in the garage fridge.
(Notice that, fellow CCHES list members. I am not that whacked out for looking into ways to obtain a skeleton.)

Related Tags: , ,