Election Day is nearing...
I've been perusing some of the vast amount of information available online as I prepare to vote in a few days. Now I'm wondering...

I have this nice voter's guide from the United Transportation Union that my husband is a member of. Vote labor. Vote Democrat, for the most part. I receive continual updates from the AFL-CIO, as well, continually telling me how vital my vote is for labor. I even have a link to two guys trying to "get out the vote." I really wish I could watch it, but no such luck on this computer! When I search for candidates based on education issues, I get nice little percentage scores from the NEA. High percentages signify strong education candidates, according to them anyway. But then, that is just another labor union. I'm sure their voter guides are somewhat similar to the UTUs.

Ironically, the last time that the UTU got their wish, BNSF froze hiring. Newly trained employees were sent home and no one was hired until Clinton left office. Now it seems they can't keep up...business even picked up as the gas prices rose due to increased demand for coal. Furlough was skipped for the first time last year and my husband was able to work through the winter.

Everywhere, I'm being told how to vote. But the church is strangely silent. To maintain their nonprofit status, they cannot speak out on specific candidates. I don't particularly want the church telling me how to vote any more than the UTU, but even political topics seem taboo. This in a nation whose first political textbook was the bible. And many of the principles for the founding of our nation were argued from the pulpit.

From Family First, I do have a nice summary of the officials running and some key legislation which they have either supported or opposed. I can make up my own mind what I think is most important all by myself.