Request for submissions for carnival: The Beauty of Our Ancestors
On October 18, I will be hosting the Carnival of Beauty with the very exciting theme of "The Beauty of Our Ancestors." I'm going to be out of town for a bit, but will be back in time to put it together. That gives you a little while to plan a good entry and submit it to me at gottsegnetATyahooDOTcom. It is a wonderful carnival with some very inspired pieces to share each week. Last week's was hosted over at The Autumn Rain. Take a peek for an example! Here are the rules for entry:
Any Christian woman can participate as long as she falls under these guidelines:
1. Is in personal agreement with the Nicene Creed.
2. Is in personal agreement with the following statement: I believe in the Godhead of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Holy Bible. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God and my only means for the forgiveness of my sins and my salvation. My salvation is found in no one but Jesus Christ.
3. Is not a Mormon, Jehovah’s Witness, or Seventh Day Adventist.
4. Does not promote the emergent conversation/movement/whatever on her blog.
5. Does not promote theological distinctives in her Carnival post so as to refrain from controversial debate.
If you have any questions about the guidelines, I'm sure Sally would be glad to answer them.

Enjoy...and I am really looking forward to your entries.

Completely unrelated, but we set up our backyard feeding station two days ago. We refilled our bird bath after two months of neglect and put out a finch feeder and a feeder filled with sunflower seeds. Yesterday a sparrow took a bath and this afternoon I noticed our first bird at the feeder...a beautiful little house finch.

We're planning on adding a suet feeder and possibly a raised ground feeder as well.