A Year Of Color
Inspired by Happy Thing's community art project, I have decided to revive my summer art program we never quite got to. My daughter and I will join in a color scavenger hunt each week and, if the USB port cooperates, we will upload our pictures to share. Perhaps with a little creative writing to go along with it as well. We plan to study the color of the week, looking at its presence in nature, how people have replicated it in dyes and how it is used in art and literature. When relavent, I'll also post a project with the color.

It looks like a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to using this to help my daughter learn more about the principles of color. Let me know if you decide to join in the photography and especially if you try any of the art projects. I'd love to see them all!

Last week was white and this week is lemon yellow. Since we're only one week behind, we decided to just do two this week and be caught up with everyone. Our USB port, however, is not cooperating. So you will only be getting my studies in color, scans of whatever I see fit to scan and perhaps some borrowed photography until the problem is solved. This post shall serve as a home page for all our studies and I'll add links here as I post about different colors.

Our Studies:

White: A Study in Color
Yellow: The Joy of Childhood
Sky Blue: And and Art and Science Project
Hot Magenta and the Palette of a Family Routine
The Color of Wisteria


, , , ,