Celebrating Birthdays
Last week was my mom's birthday and we decided to make an impromptu visit to take her out for lunch. (Hence the light posting some of you noticed). During the four hour trip to Kansas City, I asked my children where we should take grandma for her birthday meal. The decision was unanimous:

Wendy's!

I do like Wendy's. Especially the frosties. But it wouldn't be my first choice in a birthday meal. My daughter's explanation?

"So she can get a present in her kid's meal."

Well, of course. Driving four hours to take someone out for lunch isn't enough of a "present." She needed something. And what better "thing" than a toy out of a kid's meal?

Then again, wouldn't that be a fun birthday? Maybe when she turns 60, I can plan a birthday for a six year old...with a My Little Pony birthday cake, 6 candles, and presents suitable for a six year old. We can play pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey and musical chairs. And of course everyone will go home with a bag of party favors.

Do you think Wendy's will host it?