The Ultimate Blog Party of 2009
Well, apparently there is a party going on and I've been invited.

Ultimate Blog Party 2009

Actually, I was dragged here by Amber and Karen because they were twittering about it and I somehow found myself stumbling in.

Like at most parties, I'm sitting here in my role as wallflower, not quite sure what to do or say. Do I hover over the punch and try to strike up a conversation with some stranger? What are you supposed to talk about at these things? Will anyone notice just how many of these cookies I've eaten?


Hi! My name is Dana and I'm a homeschooling mother...Um, there was really no need to spit your punch all over me...What do you mean you couldn't do "that" to your children?

Yes, well, anyway...we just had our fifth child. Little Mudpuppy and he is just three and a half weeks old.

Yes, fifth as in five...Yes, I do know what causes that...Yes, my hands are full, but so is my heart. Uh, maybe we should talk about something else. Gardens are pretty neutral.

We just expanded ours and I'm really excited about it. In fact, I write about it almost every week even though I don't know that much about gardening. It is our first serious garden.

No, I'm not growing milk cartons in my garden. They're cloches. They act like mini-greenhouses so you can begin planting a little early. Anyway, funny story. We just made a compost heap for the first time. Like I said, we don't know that much about gardening or anything like that, so we went for a simple design. Four posts wrapped in some chicken wire. How hard can that be?

Would you believe we couldn't figure out how to unwrap the roll of chicken wire? I'm afraid Composting for Dummies may even be a little beyond us. Ha!

Yes, I did say I homeschool my children. No, I don't think they're missing out on anything. No, I can't teach something I don't know, but I can learn alongside my children, and they can learn how to learn from the process.


Mmm...you should really try a piece of this cake...It's delicious!


And, uh, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

And really? There are prizes for this thing? I may have to check that out and get back to you on what my choices would be...