My daughter was eaten by a Bear
Apparently, being three with a desire to participate in every conversation has its challenges. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you have no life experiences and don't really know much of anything other than the fact that lions live in the bathtub, self-flushing toilets WILL swallow you if you aren't careful and the mere presence of Mommy rids any area of all things scary and dangerous?

See, we are discussing possible vacations. I would love to go to Yellowstone, my favorite place on Earth. Bear is certain we will be devoured by bears. Discussing the general unlikelihood of such a thing, three year old Bug piped up with an unhelpful observation out of her own imagination:
The last time I saw a bear, it ate me.
Now, she has seen a bear before. In the wild even. I even have the blurry picture to prove it.


But it most certainly did NOT eat her. It merely paused in the road long enough for me to get my camera out and sort of point at it while the kids all got to look.

It is always a little difficult to respond to obvious untruths. After all, you are generally fairly certain that the teller of the untruth not only knows it to be an untruth but cannot possibly think that you believe the story. When it is your three year old, however, it is rather funny. So I stifled a laugh while Mouse tried to convince her that she had not ever been eaten by anything, let alone a bear. Not one to back down from even the obvious, she clarified:
Well, it was a long, long time ago.
I guess if enough time passes, you can even recover from being devoured by bears. And how long is long ago when you are only three?