When disobedience warms the heart
Bedtime around here is 9PM. Everyone knows that. Even the little ones who cannot tell time. Winter is nice for those two, who judge time by the sun for I can send them to bed early and they do not even notice. For the Mouse, however, it is a different story.

Last night, I forgot to go back and turn off my daughter's light. (The switch isn't actually in her room.) And knowing it was past 9 even when she was sent to bed, she stayed up happily, contentedly reading.

My husband went back to the laundry room close to midnight and guess who was still up? With her nose still stuck in a book?

She reminds me of someone else I know who used to stay up late into the night with a good book. On more than one occasion, a really good book would see the sunrise with me.

Boy am I glad we homeschool.

P.S.

Please don't tell her I said that. At least not until she is a little older.