What's in your pitcher?
I posted this picture just over a year ago, but it is very much what is on my mind right now.


It speaks for itself, really. I can't think of any better depiction for my thoughts on education and the relationship between teacher and student. It was what I aspired to as a public school teacher, and my greatest challenge as a parent.

That small flower, just beginning to blossom, will be equally damaged by drought or deluge. Deny her the opportunity to engage in meaningful learning experiences, and she will wither, failing to reach her full potential. Overwhelm her, and her spirit may be washed away in the flood.

I originally got the image from Onemanbandwidth. It is buried in his archives somewhere...Hey! He seems to be pondering things as well, as he reused it just yesterday.