Sandmonkey quits...
What?! I am so glad I live in the US. For those of you who don't know, Sandmonkey is an Egyptian blogger, blogging for what most of us take for granted: freedom.
One of the chief reasons is the fact that there has been too much heat around me lately. I no longer believe that my anonymity is kept, especially with State Secuirty agents lurking around my street and asking questions about me since that day. I ignore that, the same way I ignored all the clicking noises that my phones started to exhibit all of a sudden, or the law suit filed by Judge Mourad on my friends, and instead grew bolder and more reckless at a time where everybody else started being more cautious. It took me a while to take note of the fear that has been gripping our little blogsphere and comprehend what it really means. The prospects for improvment, to put it slightly, look pretty grim. I was the model of caution, and believing in my invincipility by managing not to get arrested for the past 2 and a half years, I've grown reckless. Stupid Monkey. Stupid!
We take it enough for granted that we make stupid statements about living in a "soft dictatorship" which really annoys me. I don't think the millions of people living in a real dictatorship look at it quite the same way.

I can't help but agree with the Blue Star Chronicles.
I believe this is what happens when the world’s only superpower, the United States, appears weak to the world. Our enemies are emboldened and our friends are afraid. Some Americans throw around words like fascism and nazis to describe the United States government. They are ignorant and do not understand the dangerous world in which we live.

None of them have been prosecuted for speaking out on international television against our government, much less for keeping a quiet blog speaking out for the desire for freedom.

Related Tags: ,