Carnival of Homeschooling
The Carnival of Homeschooling is up over at Nerd Mom's. Take some time to check it out...there are a lot of great entries. It was nice to see the Great Backyard Bird Count highlighted. We plan to take some time to look at different environments and what kinds of birds live there. Tentatively, I'm planning on taking them to our own backyard, a forested area and a wetland where there is (hopefully) still some flowing water. So, mark your calendars and get ready to count birds from February 16-19. No registration is required, but do check out the guidelines before going out. Let me know if you participate, and especially if you post about it. I'll be posting about our experience, hopefully with some pictures and I'll share links from anyone else who braved the winter weather to participate in this study.

I thought there was a nice mix of practical and thoughtful posts of interest to homeschoolers. Not that my entry was either. I just poked fun at public school.