Good news (at least for me)
We gave up on our internet provider. Not only have we been having ongoing issues, resulting in the complete refusal of my computer to even get online since last week, but their number is now out of service and we have no way of contacting them.

So, we have finally decided to join the 21st century and get DSL. I think even that has now been surpassed by faster things, but I'll be content with just about anything better than our dial-up! And the only other option out in the middle of nowhere (which is geographically quite close to our address) is satellite.

You don't realize how much you use your internet until it isn't there. There have been so many times in the past week where I've wanted to get some piece of information...for a lesson, a recipe, etc., and realized just how convenient it is to have the world there in my front room, even if it does provide an unnecessary distraction at times.

Also, for anyone out there interested, I just found this site on Martin Luther King, Jr., that I've been enjoying. it has at least some of his speeches available and other information.