OK, I know I'm jumping the gun just a bit here, but I just received confirmation that my 25 strawberry plants shipped. And my parents just gave us a pasta press which we used for the first time for dinner.

So it is only natural that I would go looking for recipes. And I want to try this one. When we have strawberries, that is.

Strawberry Pasta
from Recipizaar

Ingredients:
  • 1 pint fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 lb spaghetti
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 T butter
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • mint sprig
Directions:
  1. Purée strawberries in blender.
  2. Drain to remove seeds.
  3. Cook spaghetti according to package.
  4. Drain and toss with cheese.
  5. Heat butter and cream in a small saucepan.
  6. Place pasta in a sealable container, then add strawberries, followed by the butter sauce.
  7. Serve with additional cheese and garnish with mint, if desired.
What would you do with your garden fresh strawberries? I might want to, too!